Back in the heat of the kitchen.



Some thirteen years ago I stopped working in the hotel and catering world and started a catering in food manufacturing.  I left behind the stress and hassle of the fact that everyone wants to eat at seven thirty to eight and not matter what you do that will happen, your seven o’clock arrive at late and your eight thirty arrive early, no matter how well you stagger the bookings.  I left behind the staff shortages; skills shortages and general problems of staffing that had existed since I started to work in catering back in the eighties. I left behind the long hours and working weekends, and grew very comfortable in my nine to five job. Not that it was nine to five at first but it was in the end and that is the main point.  But always I missed something about working a busy night getting to the other side and knowing that it all went well in the end.

Well at the beginning of this year the unfortunately the factory where I had been working for the past years closed and I now find myself back in the kitchen. And after all this time the problems are still the same as they have been since I first started to work in catering  some thirty years ago.

But I will say one thing , I have missed working in a real kitchen all this time and as it has proven to be the case and one of the reason I started to work in catering , you will always have some kind of work around no matter how bad the economic situation is .


So here’s to being back in the kitchen, if I am honest I have always missed it . 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A recipe for perfect Yorkshire pudding

The Era Of Ultra-Premium Sipping Vodka - Discover The Ultimate Luxury Of British Made Quintessentially Vodka

The Lakes Distillery- Sealing Deals With Drams