Some Whisky Cocktails




Well with new years just upon us and most thing to do with the new year seem to have a Scottish feel to them I have put together some of my favourite whiskey cocktails.  Some will ask if you have a good whiskey, why would you mix it with any thing and I will say you have a good point, but the fact remains that some people do not like whiskey.

I should not like whiskey as it has got me in to more trouble then it has done me good but at the end of the day I have my Achilles heel and that might be it , well one of them .

The Manhattan, this is real high society stuff now that you know is perhaps on of the grate cocktails of the world.  Now it is up to you and you can use either sweet vermouth or dry vermouth, or a mix of both. But one thing you will need is the very slight splash in the glass of Angostura’s bitters.

You will need
3 measures of whiskey
2 measures of vermouth, sweet or dry or half-and-half.
Dash of angostura bitters

Mix over ice for 30 seconds then pour in to a glass. Garnish with a strip of lemon.

The rusty nail

I was introduced to this by a Scottish chef who cam from Glasgow.  He told me that is was the only way to make cheap whisky easy to drink , he was right it was really easy to drink.

1 measure of whiskey
1 measure of Drambuie

Just mix over ice in a glass and light the touch paper.  

I do not know if the Marks brothers film gave the name to the cocktail or the cocktail gave the name to the film but next it is the

Duck soup

2 measures of bourbon whiskey
½ measure of apricot brandy
¾ measure of lemon juice
¾ measure of pineapple juice
1tsp caster sugar

Mix well with ice then string over ice in a glass and garnish with a slice of orange and a cherry.

And finally to the last of my cocktails for this I turn to one that I thing say some thing about the man to have a cocktail named after him.  He was after all not afraid to have the odd tipple in fact reading his autobiography you could say he spent most of his life sloshed but never mind it was a different time then , I give you .

The Churchill

2 measures of scotch whisky
½ measure of sweet red vermouth
½ measure of Cointreau
½ measure of limejuice

Mix all well together then pure over ice.

Or if you do not want to be bothered with all this cocktail making business then just some water and a little ice will do. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A recipe for perfect Yorkshire pudding

The Era Of Ultra-Premium Sipping Vodka - Discover The Ultimate Luxury Of British Made Quintessentially Vodka

The Lakes Distillery- Sealing Deals With Drams